Sautéed Potatoes and Onions
Total time: 30 minutes
A simple easy dish full of flavor; cooking doesn’t have to be complicated!
- 1\4 kg of baby potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Boil the baby potatoes for ten minutes until soft. Once ready put them aside .
- Chop onion and mince garlic
- Sauté onion in oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat until just transparent.
- Add garlic and sauté a minute longer.
- Remove onions & garlic from pan and add potatoes – with a drop more oil if needed.
- Sauté potatoes until light brown, stirring and flipping as needed.
- Return onions and garlic to pan
- Season with spices and herbs. I used , thyme , oregano, rosemary , onion powder and cayenne pepper.
- Continue to sauté until onions start to brown and potatoes are cooked through (taste one) and well browned.
- Add Salt & pepper if desired, and serve.
Coconut curry chicken
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. butter
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
1 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 packet of coconut milk
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1″ strips
Juice of ½ lime
- In a large pot or high-sided skillet over medium heat, heat oil and butter. When butter is melted, add onion and cook until tender and translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add tomato paste and cook until darkened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add coconut milk and water and bring to a simmer. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and garnish with mint and cilantro. Serve hot with the sautéed baby potatoes.
My family enjoyed this meal I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you guys.
Let me know when you try it out I’d love to see how it turns out.