Avocado oil, Eucalyptus oil and tree-tea oil are products that have been used for so long by women on their hair. I have used all three essential oils before but I had never bought them for anything less than 600 ksh. I was therefore quite surprised when I saw the Dhahabu oils essential oils going for 100ksh!!I had to try them out. Which I did and this are my two cents.
All the Dhahabu oils essential oils come in 30ml plastic containers and lack the plastic stopper . There is a clear difference in packaging compared to the more expensive essential oils packed in glass bottles with stoppers. I also personally felt like the Dhahabu oils were not as heavily concentrated. Please not this isn’t a bad thing because you are encouraged to use diluted amounts of the oils.
So do the Dhahabu oils work? They do and they work well!!After my big chop in 2018 I have used these oils to grow out my hair.
Bellow are the benefits of each oil.
BENEFITS OF AVOCADO OIL.
1 .Avocado oil is lighter than most other oils.
2. Moisturize and strengthen hair. Avocado oil is extremely rich in oleic acid and monounsaturated fats, making it penetrate the hair shaft and moisturize your hair These fats also strengthen the hair shaft and help prevent breakage.
3. Scalp health psoriasis and preventing dundruff. Avocado oil is able to quickly penetrate into the second layer of the skin (the dermis), providing a deep moisturizing treatment to the scalp.
4. UV protection. Avocado oil contains Vitamin E, which can reverse and heal damage done by the sun’s rays. Vitamin E also helps with general hair repair and protection.
5.Promote hair growth. Avocado oil contains vitamin D, which is crucial for the generation of new hair follicles. Use avocado oil on your scalp and throughout your hair to maintain and encourage hair growth!
How to use avocado oil.
1.Use avocado oil as carrier for essential oils (add a couple drops of tea tree oil or your favorite essential oil!)
2. Use avocado oil as the “O” of your LCO or LOC. Apply lightly throughout your hair to lock in moisture.
3. Apply avocado oil to tangles, or throughout your hair, as a detangling agent it can also be used as an alternative to conditioner.
4.Twist your hair or your ends with avocado oil to preserve moisture and prevent breakage and split ends.
6.Add a small amount of avocado oil to any store-bought hair product.
Eucalyptus oil is oil distilled from the leaves of the eucalyptus tree. Eucalyptus oil has antifungal and antiseptic properties that can act as an anti-dandruff treatment.
Benefits of eucalyptus oil.
1.stimulates hair follicles.
2.improves hair health.
3.promotes hair growth
4.relieves itchy scalp
5.treats head lice
If you are considering adding eucalyptus to your hair-care routine, remember that if it’s not diluted, it could be unsafe. If you have concerns about if to use it or how to use it, talk to your doctor or dermatologist.
Tree tea oil.
Tea tree oil has powerful cleansing, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties. When used topically, it can help unplug hair follicles and increase hair growth.
1. Treat dry scalp
2. Treat dandruff
3.Prevent hair loss
4. promote hair growth.
5. Treat lice
Tea tree oils come in many concentrations, so it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s directions. Some are highly concentrated essential oils, and other products are mixed in a cream or oil.
How to use tea tree oil.
- Simply add tea tree oil to your shampoo; add around 8-10 drops for every 250 ml of shampoo. Massage the shampoo-oil mixture into your scalp and let it sit for 3-5 minutes before rinsing off thoroughly.
- You can also use an overnight treatment – take a mix of carrier oils like almond, olive, and jojoba in a small 250 ml bottle and add in 10-15 drops of tea tree oil. Mix well and apply evenly onto scalp. Massage for several minutes and leave on overnight. Shampoo as normal in the morning.
- For itchy scalp, mix 8-10 drops of tea tree oil with 1-2 tablespoons of unrefined coconut oil. Apply onto scalp and massage well. Leave on for 30-60 minutes or overnight, and shampoo as normal.
- To prevent hair loss and boost hair growth
- Tea tree oil can help hair grow longer and thicker. The best way to use it is to massage it into the scalp along with a carrier oil. Take about 2-5 drops of tea tree oil for every teaspoon of carrier oil like olive, almond, or coconut oil. Mix well and massage into scalp. Wrap hair in a warm towel and allow to sit for 15-30 minutes before rinsing out. Use this treatment a couple of times a week.
- For an extra-nourishing treatment, use hot oils. Simply warm the tea tree oil and carrier oil mixture a bit. Be cautious to not heat the oils too much as it can lead to nutrient loss and you could also end up scalding your skin. Massage into the scalp and wrap with a warm towel to open up hair follicles, enabling oils to penetrate. Rinse after 30 minutes.
- Use tea tree oil diluted in water as a final hair rinse – take about 4-5 drops of the essential oil for every 30 ml of water. You can also fill this diluted mixture in a spray bottle and spray it on your scalp in the morning to fight dandruff and boost hair growth.